If you’re visiting the Sonic Drive-In on Gage Boulevard in Topeka, Kansas, you may want to skip the hot dogs.
A photo of the restaurant’s restroom went viral on Facebook because the hot dog buns were being stored just feet away from the toilet. Several people complained to KSNT, a local news station, which verified that the photo was real.
Manager of Corporate Communications Jason Acock said in statement that the incident was investigated.
“An employee made an error by storing the bread racks in the restroom for 30 minutes. Upon realizing the error, the manager immediately removed the bread from the location and all bread was discarded. The Franchisee will counsel the employee and give additional training to the entire drive-in staff to ensure proper food safety steps are taken moving forward.”
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Acock added that health inspectors visited the restaurant this morning and could not find any food safety issues. “This drive-in has a very strong food safety record and has never had issues with food storage,” he said.
According to Sonic’s website, the restaurant serves seven different kinds of hot dogs, not including corn dogs.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
Image via KSNT