It's the harvest season here... and you know what harvest means. Harvest means food. Halfway between Canadian and American (US) Thanksgiving, there are all sorts of beautiful things clamoring for space in my refrigerator. Beautiful orange squashes, dark greens, and the completely sexy color of beets make my plate an exquisite thing. Not to mention sweet potatoes, which are my favoritest, are literally popping up out of the ground. Most delicious treat ever?: Baked sweet potato with salted, crunchy peanut butter, cinnamon, honey, and extra salt. Decadent and filling.
In addition, of course, to the amount of apples Chris is bringing home. Don't even get me started.
From Chris' blog
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
It's a very happy thing and these days the eating is so good. What's better than fall harvest? Accordingly, here's a sequence for massaging internal organs and aiding in digestion. Eat up, and enjoy!
- Begin in Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle). Take hands to the lower ribs, thumbs to the back (towards the floor) and the rest on the front of the ribcage.
- Breathe deeply, feeling the expansion in the ribs with the breath. Feel the movement underneath the hands.
- Remain here for 1-3 minutes
- Draw the knees together with the hands and drop them to the side for a supine twist.
- Repeat other side
- Supta Pavana Muktasana (Reclined Wind Relieving Pose). Repeat other side
- Draw both knees tightly into chest
- Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (Straight Leg lowering and lifting). Repeat 12x.
- Jathara Parivartanasana (Straight legs side to side). Repeat 12x.
- Place hands on belly and gently massage and breathe
- Come onto belly
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose). Using the breath, rise higher and inhale and lower on exhale. Continue to raise and lower for 6 cycles of breath
- Bhujangasana (hold for 5 cycles of breath)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose). Repeat 3x. On third time, use breath to "rock" body in Bow.
- Release to floor, allowing legs to "windshield wiper" side to side, releasing lower back
- Garbasana (Child's Pose)
- Walk hands in front of you to one side. Side stretch. Repeat other side.