Santa has a white beard. Santa wears red and has a sleigh with eight reindeer. Santa is…a Democrat?
In honor of the holiday season, Public Policy Polling (PPP) produced a poll on holiday politics. According to the Wisconsin Gazette, the poll not only asked 500 registered voters via automated phone interviews to what political party they think Santa belongs, but also several other questions concerning presents, coal, and holiday situations.
An astounding 44% believe Santa is a Democrat and only 28% believe he is a Republican. Dare to discover some of the other findings?
- 87% of voters celebrate Christmas
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- 52% believe in Santa (interesting side note: 36% of these voters are between the ages of 45 and 65)
- More than 60% believe Mitt Romney will receive presents instead of coal, but only 51% believe the same for Barack Obama
- Only 32% of voters knew the number of days in Hanukkah
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” ranked as favorite holiday movie
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- “The Chipmunk Song” ranked as most annoying song
- Less than 25% of voters said they would press charges against Santa if Grandma was run over by a reindeer
For more Santa poll results, visit www.publicpolicypolling.com