President Donald Trump's private Florida resort residence, Mar-a-Lago, failed its latest kitchen health inspection, registering over a dozen violations.
According to the Miami Herald, the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation visited the private Palm Beach establishment in January, after Trump's inauguration, and categorized some of the violations as "high priority" -- the kind which could pass on foodborne illness.
The residence, the place where Trump has spent most of his weekends since becoming president, was originally acquired from Marjorie Merriwether Post as a personal home. However, Trump ran into some financial problems and decided to turn it into a private golf club, reports the Inquisitr.
Dubbed the "Winter White House," Trump has received and entertained foreign dignitaries there, which could trigger serious consequences in the event a foreign leader or his entourage were to fall ill after eating at Mar-a-Lago.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The health code violations were largely found in the Mar-a-Lago kitchen, where fish and meat were detected not to be stored at the correct temperatures. The health inspectors also found that fish was not being cooked to a temperature necessary for killing parasites.
The coolers reportedly weren't adequately cooling and kitchen staff didn't have a station for washing and drying their hands. Mar-a-Lago kitchen employees also didn't have hats, hair nets or hair coverings.
In a statement, Stephen Lawson, communications director for the Department, commented: "These infractions were part of a routine inspection and were not complaint-based. The infractions were corrected on site and the establishment was immediately brought into compliance."
Those close to Trump are surprised the kitchen failed the inspection. According to Tom Sietsema of The Washington Post, the mogul has a reputation for being very concerned about germs and bacteria.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
"Trump [is] a reluctant hand-shaker who has been known to chew out double-dippers at parties. 'One bad hamburger, and you can destroy McDonald’s,' said Trump, ever the businessman with an eye on the bottom line."
The health code violations may also bring internal trouble for the club that charges $200,000 in initiation fees. Members expect high-end service from club staff -- especially its food service -- and may not be happy to learn the meat stored in the club kitchen was improperly cooked and refrigerated.
The kitchen in the White House, on the other hand, has a reputation for keeping to very high standards, as making a foreign dignitary sick is not only an embarrassment to the nation, it could literally trigger an international incident.