A new map published by Clarity Campaign Labs shows which towns are home to the most conservative and liberal residents in each state.
To gather their data, the organization asked respondents to respond to the following seven identifiers:
- I identify with the Democrats more so than the Republicans.
- Abortion should be legal and accessible to all women.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- I attend religious services regularly.
- Climate change is an immediate concern that must be addressed.
- There should be more restrictions on purchasing and carrying guns.
- The government should reduce the deficit primarily by raising taxes rather than cutting services.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- I prefer urban areas.
Clarity Campaign says they did not factor in the questions about religious service attendance and preferring urban areas when determining whether a community was more liberal or conservative.
Here is the map:
Are you surprised by anything? I wasn't expecting how geographically close many of these politically opposed towns would be in their states. Look at Elbing and Wichita, Kansas, for example. Although they’re practically neighbors, their residents could not be more different, politically speaking. Same goes for the selected towns from Georgia and New Hampshire.
To play around with the data using an interactive tool created by Clarity Campaign Labs, visit their website.
Source/Photo Source: Clarity Campaign Labs