Glenn Beck says the government has yet to disprove his theory that the Boston bombings were the work of a Saudi national and that Tarmerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were not “lone wolves in the attack.”
Beck believes Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, a Saudi national injured in the Boston marathon bombing, was originally named a “person of interest” in the attack and is an al-Qaeda operative who recruited the Tsarnaev brothers in his plot to bomb the marathon.
Beck said that Alharbi was considered a terrorist, but the designation was removed after a meeting between high-ranking U.S. and Saudi officials. Sec. of State John Kerry had a closed-door meeting with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal on the day of the bombing, which Beck holds as highly suspicious.
Beck believes it is the responsibility of the federal government to provide him with evidence that proves his conspiracy theory is false. He said on his television show "the burden of proof is on the federal government and so far they have not presented one shred of evidence that refutes what The Blaze has reported. Not one."
Thursday, April 18, before Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was taken into custody by authorities, the Department of Homeland Security told CNN there appeared to be confusion in the media regarding two Saudi nationals and the attack in Boston. One Saudi national was still in a Boston hospital having been injured in the blasts. The FBI questioned him because he was at the marathon during the attack. He is not considered a suspect or a person of interest in the investigation, the DHS said.
The other Saudi national from the Boston area was taken into U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody after he violated his visa. DHS officials said that matter had nothing to do with the incident at the Boston Marathon.