While 95% of all MMA news seems to revolve around last weekend’s epic announcement that the UFC had purchased Strikeforce the fact remains that the MMA world doesn’t stop. In fact, a number of newsworthy items have popped up in the world of mixed martial arts. A few announcements that may have gone unnoticed include the following:
- The UFC’s June 4 TUF13 Finale card was recently accounted. Headlining the card will be an intriguing lightweight bout between #1 contender Anthony Pettis and Clay Guida. Other bouts confirmed by the UFC include Jonathan Brookins vs. Jeremy Stephens, Ken Stone vs. Scott Jorgensen, Tim Credeur vs. Ed Herman, Fabio Maldonado vs. Kyle Kingsbury, Reuben Druan vs. Francisco Rivera, and Josh Grispi taking on George Roop. The TUF 13 Finale will be aired live on Spike TV and take place at The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.
- UFC 131 in Vancouver continues to take shape as Donald Cerrone and Mac Danzig have verbally agreed to fight each other. This fight will join the bouts already announced which include Mark Munoz taking on Demian Maia, Anthony Perosh vs. Krzysztof Soszynski, Jesse Bongfeldt vs. Court McGe, and a lightweigh bout between Michihiro Omigawa and Darren Elkins
- Shane Roller and Mevin Guillard have verbally agreed to face each other at UFC 132.
- Reports from MMAWeekly and MMAJunkie have confirmed that Pat Barry will take on Cheick Kongo at UFC on Versus 4 taking place June 26.
- Bellator has signed 8-0 Bulgarian heavyweight Blagoi Ivanov. Ivanov won the 2008 Combat Sambo World Championship which included a victory over Fedor Emelianenko in the semifinals.