1. GSP vs. Koscheck happening in December: According to the challenger, the title bout will happen December 11. Josh Koscheck stated on his Twitter account that he “Can’t wait until TUF 12 airs in Sept! & oh ya did u guys know, that I am going to be the next welterweight champion come dec 11th.” I’m really looking forward to this fight. I don’t really like GSP and I can’t stand Koscheck, but this fight is interesting. Koscheck fought GSP well the first time they met and he’s improved quite a bit. If he can keep it standing the maybe he can pull off the upset. Not likely, but you never know.
2. Spike TV getting UFC 119 prelims after all: It was reported earlier that UFC 119 wouldn’t be getting the Spike TV special that preceded some previous UFC shows. However, MMAJunkie.com is now reporting that Spike officials have changed their minds. C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen and Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran will be the broadcast bouts this time around. Sweet! Free MMA! Not that I think any of these guys are all that interesting, I’ll still watch them fight. It’s a fight. You know you are going to watch.
3. Brock Lesnar brings in over 1 million: Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, UFC 116 did over 1 million PPV buys, and the number could be around 1.3 million. This will be back to back 1 million buys for Lesnar, as UFC 100 did 1.6 million. Well, if there was any doubt, let there be no doubt. Lesnar is hands down the biggest draw in MMA, and if he keeps this up, maybe the biggest draw in the history of the sport. Hate him or love him you will watch the man fight. I’m sure his fight in October against Cain Velasquez will do similar numbers.
4. Cole Konrad confirmed for Bellator’s heavyweight tournament: The main training partner for Brock Lesnar is the seventh participant in season three’s heavyweight tournament, according to Bellator’s press release. Konrad commented, “I’m taking it one fight at a time, but I’m planning on winning this tournament. If I wasn’t planning on winning, I wouldn’t bother showing up.” Nice. Konrad is 4-0 and ever improving. And being the main training partner of Brock Lesnar can only help. A two-time Division 1 wrestling champion and a gold medalists in the 2005 Pan-Am games, Konrad has to be one of the favorites going into this tourney just based off his wrestling pedigree.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
5. UFC 120 is official: UFC officials announced today that the O2 Arena in London will hold the UFC 12o event. This will be the only event in 2010 that is held in the UK, and it will be co-headlined with two of the UK’s biggest stars, Michael Bipsing and Dan Hardy. Bisping will take on Yoshihiro Akiyama and Hardy will take on Carlos Condit. This card is shaping up quite nicely. Sure, it doesn’t have a HUGE name like Rampage or Lesnar on it, but these fights will be very entertaining and competitive. Don’t forget, it airs on tape delay, so if you don’t want to know the winners before you see it live, don’t surf the internets.