MMA News: Dana White on UFC 131 Judges, Carwin vs. Dos Santos & More

| by Sports Nickel

After UFC 131, UFC President Dana White ripped the judges for a horrible night of scoring.

“One of the things I want to say – because you guys always hear me, and I did again tonight, smashing the judges – is the guy that was scoring 30-27, seriously? Seriously, the guy who judges that should never be asked back to judge ever again. I don’t know what the [expletive] in the world that guy was seeing. He should never judge a fight again, ever…Something has to be done about the judging. It has to. It’s so bad, and not only does it affect people’s lives, it ruins everything for people that are watching. You watch it, and you’re like, ‘What? What – 30-27? What are you watching?’ And now we’ve got TV screens. What the [expletive]? You’ve got a TV screen. How did you judge that 30-27?”

I absolutely agree. Judges need education and it’s blatantly obvious these guys just don’t know what’s going on right in front of them. It is very sad because, like Dana said, they are affecting people’s careers. Get it together or get another job.

Shane Carwin took to his personal website after his unanimous decision loss to Junior Dos Santos at UFC 131 and revealed that the fight should have been stopped. “After the second round I knew I was in trouble. My nose made it impossible to breathe, my eyes were full of blood and Junior was still coming at me. When the ref stopped the fight in the third, I thought it was over. When the doctor came in the octagon I knew it was going to be up to me to sell them on letting me continue. I knew I was in deep trouble but I also knew that all I needed was one clean shot. I wanted to keep myself in the fight. I wasn’t able to see but I said I could and we continued.” Of course he’s not going to let it be stopped. He’s a warrior. Like he said, all he needed was one clean shot and it could have been all over. The shot never came, but Carwin’s heart will never be questioned. He fought like a true warrior. is reporting that, in the event a fight ends in a draw during the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, the fighters will compete in a fourth “sudden death” round to determine the fight’s victor. Awesome. Just plain awesome. Hopefully this is a test to see how it works out. If everything goes smoothly, they should implement this sudden death round for all of MMA.

According to a report from, even though it was reported last week that Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos would be fighting Tarec Saffiedine, he will instead be taking on Paul Daley at Strikeforce’s July 30 event. This is a much more exciting fight. Someone is getting knocked out, or at the very least, getting busted up.

Following his impressive victory over Diego Nunes in Saturday’s UFC 131 co-main event, Dana White revealed that Kenny Florian is, “More than likely…” next in line to face Jose Aldo. Ummm, I guess. It would be Chad Mendes, but Mendes chose not to wait, so I don’t have a huge problem with this.

MMA Quick Hits 6/13/11: Dana White rips MMA judging, Shane Carwin couldn’t see in his fight with Dos Santos is a post originally from: - In Sports We Trust