1. Rampage fears boring fight: Rampage Jackson appeared on ESPN’s Sportscenter on Thursday morning saying he fears a boring fight from Lyoto Machida. “The thing that really concerns me is that it could be a disaster. It could be a boring fight. I’m trying to make it more exciting because I like exciting fights. But his style is boring to me, and he’s coming off a loss where he got knocked out for the first time, and a lot of times when people get knocked out for the first time they’re gun shy.” While what he is saying about people becoming gun shy, I really don’t get where he gets Machida being boring. Machida isn’t a brawler, but far from boring.
2. More Spike TV Prelims in 2011: UFC President Dana White revealed on Wednesday that the UFC and Spike TV were in discussions on a new contract to bring the Prelims specials back throughout 2011, though nothing has been finalized. Awesome. I love free fights, and with all the “new” talent from WEC, we will definitely be previewed to great fights.
3. There’s an app for that: THQ Inc. and Zuffa, LLC announced Thursday that UFC Undisputed 2010 is now available on Apple’s App Store for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. “UFC Undisputed 2010 raised the bar for sports videogames this year with an impressive feature set and unbeatable gameplay experience,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “We believe this franchise has the ability to flourish in a handheld format, and we are pleased to deliver this compelling product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.” Sweet! UFC Undisputed was/is great. The game is easily the best fighting game out. Can’t wait to download it for my iPhone 4.
4. Jose Aldo talks Josh Grispi: In an interview with Tatame.com, Jose Aldo speaks about his upcoming title defense against Josh Grispi. “He’s a great fighter and he deserves to be in there with me. We have to be good in all areas like the exchanges, on the takedowns, which is basically Wrestling, and the ground game, that is my Jiu-Jitsu. I always specify my trainings in all areas. Since he’s Best on the ground, we are working on it”. This fight should be good in the beginning. I fully expect Aldo to win, but if Grispi can get some takedowns, he could make it interesting. Big “if” though.
5. Tito’s last chance: Following the UFC 123 pre-fight press conference on Wednesday, UFC President Dana White discussed why he kept Tito Ortiz employed. “I thought I was going to cut him, too. Me and Tito had a conversation. Tito said, ‘I’m not done. I feel healthy, I feel good.’ And he asked me for one last chance. So I’m going to do it.” “I’m not the evil bastard everyone thinks I am. [But] this is definitely his last chance. He knows that, too.” No doubt it’s his last chance. He hasn’t looked bad in his last two fights. I think he actually beat Forrest this time around, but whatever. And against Matt Hamill, he was in it, but got taken down too much. Fighting “Lil’ Nog” to keep your job is a tough task.
MMA Quick Hits 11/18/10: UFC Undisputed on iPhone, Tito Ortiz’s last chance is a post originally from: SportsNickel.com - In Sports We Trust