We all know that exercise is good. From weight management, controlling diabetes, cholesterol along with high blood pressure. It also helps prevent heart disease. The benefits seem endless.
Exercise also boosts energy and helps us manage stress. Studies show that it can save our lives and improve our quality of life.
According to the Surgeon General's report on health and physical activity, higher levels of exercise are associated with the lowering of mortality rates.
Now I have to ask, with all of these benefits, why is it that less than 50% of Americans are leading a active lifestyle??
We really need to start getting off the couch and start moving!
We know longer can afford to use the same old excuses that often keep us from moving.
"I am too busy to exercise, I am too tired to exercise."
Let's stop the excuses of life being too busy and start putting exercise as a priority.
Make it a priority.
"Get Up and Get Moving"
1. When going to the store or mall, park as far away as you can from the entrance and walk.
2. If you must watch TV, march, use a treadmill or do steps on your Wii fit if you have one.
3. Buy a pedometer to mark your progress. I just got one when I was on the Dr. OZ show, and I had no idea how hard it is to get in 10.000 steps a day. Now doing this every day, I don't have time to sit around. I have to keep moving.
5. Walk during your lunch break.
6. Stick in your favorite workout DVD.
7. Make sure you have some variety in your exercise. Most people get bored and end up stopping exercising.
8. Take your kids on a long walk. Bike ride with your family. This will instill in your family the importance of getting exercise.
9. Train for an event. Having a mental commitment is a great way to get fit.
10. Honor yourself by making exercise a part of your life. Schedule time in your life for exercise.
Live Long, Live Happy!!
Originally published at Get Up and Get Moving