The Houston Texans (4-5) limp into New York to take on the Jets (7-2) on Sunday at 1pm EST. Both of these teams are coming off thrilling games where the final play of the game was a touchdown to end it. In the Jets case, Mark Sanchez 37 yard pass to Santonio Holmes including a 25 yard mad dash for the end zone ended the game with 16 seconds left in overtime. In the case of the Texans, Jaguars QB David Garrard's Hail Mary at the end of regulation was batted down by Houston's Glover Quin and caught by WR Mike Thomas putting a dagger through the hearts of the Texans.
These two teams are heading in different directions. It's been said that you create your own breaks and the Jets are certainly creating them in bunches while Houston can't seem to get out of their own way. Houston can't stop the pass and their QB Matt Schaub will be trying to play on one leg while the Jets Mark Sanchez appears to be playing with more confidence with each game. The Jets haven't put a complete game together in quite a while and this one has blow out written all over it, but there's a reason they play the games and both teams are playing for paychecks. If you are a Houston fan, don't give up before it starts. It's not like teams have never lost "trap games" in situations like this.
Our own Jason Braddock is here to break the game down for you.
* As heard on the Dylan Gwinn show on Sports Radio 790 AM in Houston, TX
Notes & Tidbits
- The Texans lead the NFL with 13 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Houston's Andre Johnson ranks second in the AFC With 97.6 receiving yards per game.
- The Jets became the first team in league history to win back-to-back overtime games on the road last week.
- New York's LaDainian Tomlinson leads all AFC running backs with 36 receptions this year.
AT The Game: Are you going to the game? Get there early for the Bing National Tailgating Championship Contest. Festivities start at 10:30am, stop by for a great time! If you're not in town, don't despair, check the schedule as the traveling contest still has four more dates left in cities throughout the country.
Jayson appears on Sports Radio 790 AM in Houston, TX, every Thursday morning at 11:19 am CST as the football insider on the Dylan Gwinn show. He's a graduate of the Sports Management World Wide Football GM & Scouting Course and has been mentored by former NFL player / executive John Wooten and Sporting News.com NFL Draft Expert Russ Lande. His work is mostly appreciated by die-hard fans interested in every little detail about their team and not just watered down mainstream talk. - Listeners NOT in the Houston metropolitan area can hear Jayson on iheart radio or sports7910.com.
- NCAA Xtra Point Football Top 25 NCAA Rankings: Week 12 Published each Monday
- College Football Saturday in 500 Words or Less: Week 11 Published every Monday
- Monday Morning Quarterback: Week 10 Published each Monday
- NFL Power Rankings Week 11 (Net Points) Published every Tuesday
If you would like to ask Dr. Roto a question, call (646) 915-9367 on Friday nights at 10:00pm EST and ask your question live on the that weeks Fantasy Football 411 Podcast.
Check out these other stories.....