Health

Mother Says Her Son Choked On Plastic From A Burger King Smoothie

| by Amanda Andrade-Rhoades

When Leslie Grogg took her young son to a drive-thru Burger King in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in mid-January, the boy reportedly ended up biting into a hard piece of plastic. 

“When I swallowed it, it felt a little sharp,” Groggs’ son, Issac Tafoya, told KRDO.

Grogg said she complained to the manager of the fast food chain, but the employee was dismissive and laughed at her before telling her, “Goodbye.”

Grogg decided to get her son checked out by paramedics. He was given the all-clear, but she is still upset. 

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.

“At what point do they have to be responsible, at the same point that I would have to be responsible?” Grogg said. "You can't serve people anything [like that] in their food."

She is seeking an apology and wants the employees to be better trained in the future.

“All I wanted was my son to be acknowledged and cared for from all parties. That failed,” a woman identifying herself as Grogg commented on KRDO. "Then all I wanted was an apology. That's not happening except for burger king telling the news they are taking corrective action.

"Now all I want is to move forward."

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:

It’s unclear what type of corrective action Burger King is taking, if any.

Sources: KRDO, Leslie Grogg/Disqus / Photo credit: KRDO