A hickey caused the death of 17-year-old boy.
Julio Macias Gonzalez’s 24-year-old girlfriend gave him the hickey (bruise) on his neck, reports the Daily Mail.
Soon after, the teen began having strong convulsions.
Gonzalez’s relatives called emergency services, but they were unable to save his life. The hickey had caused a blood clot to form and it traveled to his brain, causing a stroke.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The teen’s family said they did not approve of their son’s relationship with the woman because of their age difference.
A similar case occurred in New Zealand in 2011, when a 44-year-old woman went to the emergency room because she lost movement in her left arm, Stuff reported.
The hickey on her neck near an artery caused a blood clot, and that was to blame for her partial paralysis.
"Because of the physical trauma it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel," Dr. Teddy Wu of the New Zealand hospital's neurology department said. "There was a clot in the artery underneath where the hickey was."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
The blood clot had moved into the woman’s heart and caused a minor stroke. After being treated with warfarin, an anticoagulant, the woman made a full recovery.