Student Drunkenly Falls Asleep On Radiator And Wakes Up With Severe Burns (Photos)

| by Dominic Kelly

A drunken student learned the hard way that falling asleep on a radiator doesn’t ever end well.

The 21-year-old student, who is staying anonymous, says he attended a Christmas party with some friends at a pub he used to work at and wound up drinking way too much.

The student decided to go home and thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep on the radiator, which was cold at the time, but a few hours later, he woke up stuck to it as it burned into his skin and his skin started melting.

“It all started when I was out at the Christmas party for a gay pub I used to work at,” the student told The Tab. “The vodka and beers were flying everywhere and I took it a bit far. When I came back I was hammered and I fell asleep against the radiator which was cold at the time. I woke up a few hours later when the radiator was steaming hot. I thought ‘Jesus, my arm's stuck on a radiator, what am I going to do?’ I had to peel myself off. It really hurt.”

The Plymouth University student decided to take himself to the emergency room where doctors hooked him up to an IV and treated the serious burns he suffered on his arm.

“They gave me a special burn cream, painkillers and even antibiotics. It looked really nasty,” the student said. “My friends have been asking me if I’m okay and if I need any aloe vera.”

The scars the student was left with from the severe burns are reportedly permanent.

Sources: Mad World News, The Tab, The Daily Mirror / Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons, Flickr