Pregnant Woman And Her Family Hospitalized After Eating Walmart Steak Laced With LSD

| by Dominic Kelly

Doctors in Florida were forced to induce labor for a pregnant woman after she and other family members were hospitalized from eating steak purchased at Walmart. Unbeknownst to 31-year-old Jessica Rosado, she, her 24-year-old boyfriend Ronnie Morales, and Rosado’s two six and seven-year-old daughters had ingested meat laced with LSD.

Morales was reportedly the first to get ill after eating the steak, and after exhibiting some alarming symptoms, Rosado called 911 before driving him the hospital herself. Once at the hospital, Rosado started to get sick and was immediately hospitalized. Right around the same time, Rosado’s two daughters started to exhibit the same symptoms, including hallucinations and difficulty breathing.

“There was no indication that we know of right now that the meat tasted funny," said Tampa police chief Jane Castor. “It was the physical symptoms they had, which included hallucinations, dizziness, rapid heart rate and difficulty breathing. The family has no idea where this may have come from and there's no indication of any involvement on the part of the family.”

Rosado, who was nine months pregnant at the time of her hospitalization, was forced to deliver her baby. The child is reportedly healthy.

Walmart released a statement saying that they are “deeply disturbed” about what happened and are “taking it very seriously."

"We know our customers expect safe, quality food and we require our suppliers to meet the highest of food safety standards,” reads the statement from Walmart. “It's unclear where and how the food was tampered with or if the tampering occurred after purchase. However, out of an abundance of caution, we have pulled the remaining product from the store,"

Police say the store is cooperating with their investigation