Health

Isaiah Shell, 14, Dies While Choking Himself in Internet 'Game'

| by Michael Allen

Isaiah Shell, a 14-year-old boy from Salem, Indiana, died last week while playing a dangerous Internet choking game.

The game consists of choking yourself until you get a brief high as your oxygen intake drops, reports the Daily Mail.

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

His mother Maggie Shell told WLKY-TV: ‘He never would have ever wanted any of us to hurt like we hurt. I  know this wasn't something he meant to do."

His sister Rhonda Shell said: "I've heard of it, but I never thought someone like Isaiah would ever play that game."

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

Maggie Shell claims that her son Isaiah decided to try the choking game after a friend sent him a video: "Whoever is putting this stuff [online], they need to stop it."

WBIW-TV reports that Isaiah Shell's body was discovered in the basement of his family's home on Friday; no autopsy has been performed.

Since 2006, the Dangerous Behaviors Foundation, Inc, has tried to raise awareness about the dangers of the choking game.