I'm not a huge football fan (I prefer baseball)—but I sure like to eat. The meat-free offerings at the pro football stadiums listed below would be enough to convince me to shiver through a Sunday afternoon game, sans face paint, of course.
10. Delicious veggie burgers, dogs, burritos, and salads at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum help keep Oakland Raiders fans away from a quadruple bypass surgery.
9. Animal-friendly Cleveland Browns fans who visit Cleveland Browns Stadium score at the concession stands, which offer veggie burgers, baked potatoes, fruit salads, and the classic crowd-pleaser, PB&J.
8. San Francisco 49ers know that the long lines at Candlestick Park concession stands are worth the wait—bellies are rewarded with mouthwatering veggie burgers, veggie dogs, and veggie burritos.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
7. Baltimore Ravens fans tackle animal abuse and meat-related illnesses when they order veggie burgers, burritos, and wraps, as well as veggie crudities, hummus, and fruit platters from M&T Stadium.
6. The cruelty-free cuisine at Heinz Field, including veggie dogs, wraps, sandwiches, and burgers; veggie crudites, veggie pasta, fresh fruit, and hummus, provide Pittsburgh Steelers fans with a winning lineup.
5. Have the Purple People Eaters become the Purple Veggie Eaters? Methinks so. After all, the Metrodome offers Minnesota Vikings fans a tantalizing line-up that includes veggie burgers, wraps, black bean burgers, hummus, salads, fruit platters, and veggie platters.
4. San Diego Chargers fans bolt to the concession stands at Qualcomm Stadium for veggie burgers, fruit salad, vegetable plate, taco salad, and baked potato bar. There's even a seven layer dip, made vegan upon request.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
3. The Green Bay Packers line up for Lambeau Field’s healthy-and-humane veggie options, like veggie brauts (hello!), veggie burgers, baked potatoes, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, and hummus.
2. The real reason Arizona Cardinal fans do the Wave? They get on their feet for the meatless fare at the University of Phoenix Stadium, including veggie burgers, bean and rice burritos, vegetable stir fry, vegetable crudités, fresh fruit, fajita bowl, portabella sandwiches.
1. Tony Gonzalez, tight end for the Atlanta Falcons, notes the benefits of his nearly-vegan diet on his game. His new home, the Georgia Dome, has plenty of savory meat-free options, including veggie burgers, baked potato bar, salad bar, baked 5 spice seasoned tofu, curried grilled tofu cutlets, soba noodles stir fry, and much more.
Can't make it to any of the stadiums listed above? No need to wait for the Superbowl to invite friends over to your game day party—any Sunday will do.