Forbes magazine today released its list of the world’s most powerful women. Glancing through the list, which contains quite a few prominent political women, one notices a proliferation of liberals and a sad dearth of conservatives and libertarians. To wit:
liberal 1. Michelle Obama, First Lady, U.S.
2. Irene Rosenfeld, Chief Executive, Kraft Foods
liberal 3. Oprah Winfrey, Talk show host and media mogul
debatable? 4. Angela Merkel, Chancellor, Germany
liberal 5. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State, U.S.
6. Indra Nooya, Chief Executive, Pepsico
liberal 7. Lady Gaga, Singer and performance artist
8. Gail Kelly, Chief Executive, Westpac
9. Beyoncé Knowles, Singer and fashion designer
liberal 10. Ellen DeGeneres, Talk show host
liberal 11. Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, U.S.
12. Angela Braly, Chief Executive, Wellpoint
liberal 13. Janet Napolitano, Secretary, Homeland Security, U.S.
14. Cynthia Carroll, Chief Executive, Anglo American
15. Sheila Bair, Chair, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
wow, one conservative! 16. Sarah Palin, Political maverick and commentator
17. Mary Schapiro, Chair, Securities and Exchange Commission
18. Ellen Kullman, Chief Executive, DuPont
liberal 19. Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court Justice, U.S.
20. Ursula Burns, Chief Executive, Xerox
hmm 21. Angelina Jolie, Actor and UN Goodwill Ambassador
liberal 22. Katie Couric, News anchor
liberal 23. Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, Health & Human Services
24. Anne Lauvergeon, Chief Executive, Areva
liberal 25. Elena Kagan, Supreme Court Justice, U.S.