The NBA Draft is only a few hours away, but teams are still wheeling-and-dealing in hopes of securing better positioning, veteran leadership or money.
As it stands, the Cleveland Cavaliers have still not confirmed that Duke guard, Kyrie Irving, will be their No. 1 overall selection. They are too busy trying to sort out the mess of a situation between them, the Detroit Pistons, and Charlotte Bobcats.
The always entertaining David Kahn has reportedly turned off a lot of potential suitors for his No. 2 overall pick, so all signs point to him going with Derrick Williams. Unless, of course, the Los Angeles Lakers manage to somehow sneak back into the equation with the trade bait of Lamar Odom and a few other pieces. Tony Parker is still on the trading block for the San Antonio Spurs, and all signs point to him being a goner by the end of Thursday.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Atlanta Hawks are dangling Josh Smith in front of the Timberwolves in hopes of getting the No. 2 pick, but are also seeking out other options for their much-maligned forward. If the Hawks, by some miracle, are able to secure the No. 2 overall pick, Enes Kanter is reportedly their target of choice.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Here is the final version of the first round of Opposing Views' 2011 NBA Mock Draft:
- Cleveland Cavaliers – Kyrie Irving, Duke PG
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Derrick Williams, Arizona F
- Utah Jazz – Brandon Knight, Kentucky PG
- Cleveland Cavaliers – Enes Kanter, Kentucky C/F
- Toronto Raptors – Kemba Walker, UConn PG
- Washington Wizards – Jonas Valanciunas, Lietuvos Rytas C/F
- Sacramento Kings – Jimmer Fredette, BYU G
- Detroit Pistons – Jon Vesely, KK Partizan Belgrade F
- Charlotte Bobcats – Kawhi Leonard, San Diego State SF
- Milwaukee Bucks – Marcus Morris, Kansas PF
- Golden State Warriors – Klay Thompson, Washington State F/G
- Utah Jazz – Chris Singleton, Florida State SF
- Phoenix Suns – Tristan Thompson, Texas PF
- Houston Rockets – Bismack Biyombo, Spain C/F
- Indiana Pacers – Marshon Brooks, Providence PG
- Philadelphia 76ers – Nikola Vucevic, USC C
- New York Knicks – Markieff Morris, Kansas PF
- Washington Wizards – Donatas Motiejunas, Benetton Treviso C/F
- Charlotte Bobcats – Alec Burks, Colorado, SG
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Jordan Hamilton, Texas SF
- Portland Trail Blazers – Kenneth Faried, Morehead State PF
- Denver Nuggets – Tobias Harris, Tennessee F
- Houston Rockets – Iman Shumpert, Georgia Tech G
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Kyle Singler, Duke F
- Boston Celtics – Tyler Honeycutt, UCLA SF
- Dallas Mavericks – Davis Bertans, Union Olimpija Ljubljana SF
- New Jersey Nets – Chandler Parsons, Florida, SF
- Chicago Bulls – Justin Harper, Richmond PF
- San Antonio Spurs – Nikola Mirotic, Real Madrid PF
- Chicago Bulls – Travis Leslie, Georgia F/G