I was pretty sure I’d be able to write this preview with one hand tied behind my back. Then Carlos Boozer went and broke his hand,* and Keith Bogans might actually start at SG for the Bulls, so now there’s some actual soul searching to do. And by soul searching, I mean, looking at stats, making projections, doing calculations, working with my Ouija board, and throwing darts at a picture of Boozer a board of numbers to figure out new rankings.
Let’s start with a depth chart… simple enough…
PG: Derrick Rose, CJ Watson
SG: Ronnie Brewer, Keith Bogans
SF: Luol Deng, Kyle Korver, James Johnson
PF: Carlos Boozer (when he returns), Taj Gibson
C: Joakim Noah, Kurt Thomas, Omer Asik, Brian Scalabrine
Since the season is almost here, we’re going to skip the small talk and get down to business.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
If you couldn’t figure it out from the fantasy basketball player rankings in our draft guide, then here’s the round equivalent of those rankings for the Bulls (for a 12-team league), also known as the GMTR Official Guidance:
Joakim Noah – Late 4th/Early 5th round
Carlos Boozer – Late 5th/Early 6th round (even with the injury we ranked him 0.7 spots higher than…)
Derrick Rose – Late 5th/Early 6th round
Luol Deng – 7th round (I think he’ll be a good value pick if you can get him there)
Taj Gibson – Last round flier (he’s got to put up something with Boozer sidelined)
Here’s something to keep an eye on as the season begins, if Keith Bogans is starting and getting minutes, he is probably worth picking up, certainly in deeper leagues, and especially until Boozer comes back. If he’s in that role, he’s probably going to take (and make) a bunch of threes. But, if the minutes start going to Kyle Korver, then obviously, he’s the guy with the three ball (which he’ll probably be anyway to some extent. Confused? Good). The only guy we actually ranked was Ronnie Brewer since we thought he’d be the starter, but now it’s looking like he’ll be the back up. Awesome.
* My original guess was that he got too excited about watching football and gave someone a really hard high-five, but apparently he just tripped on a bag in his house and used his hand to prevent his 260 lbs of mass from breaking all the other bones in his body when it collided with the floor.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
Want to see your ad in the GMTR RSS feed? Contact: [email protected]
Other Stuff Like This:
- NBA Free Agency: Still waiting for the BIG ONE (3)
- Carlos Boozer Out 8 Weeks After Breaking Hand (0)
- Fantasy Stockwatch: The Playoff Effect Part 1 (8)
- Day 164 of 170: Mo Williams Takes Over For LeBron (0)
- Gilbert Arenas, traded for David Lee! (17)
- 2009-2010 Week 16 Fantasy Basketball Guide (2)
- Nels Went To A Bulls Game (4)