Entertainment

Wendy's Employee Fired Because No, The Restaurant Is Not Supposed To Put Blunts On Burgers

| by Jonathan Wolfe

On November 1st, a Wendy’s customer in Georgia called police after being served Notorious B.I.G.’s dream come true: a blunt-topped cheeseburger.

“Upon arrival at home, she took her food out of the bag and noticed a strange odor in her hamburger,” Lovejoy police Lt. Michael Gaddis said. “When she opened it, she discovered a partially smoked marijuana cigarette.”

Seiber told authorities she had been smoking while she worked and had “misplaced” the blunt on the burger. Right on top of the pickle.

The woman promptly took her burger and receipt back to the restaurant and showed the blunt to management. 32-year-old employee Amy Seiber came forward and owned up to her mistake.

“They were able to speak with the suspect, who admitted that she was responsible,” Gaddis said. “She had been smoking while she worked. When she was fixing the burger, part of the marijuana fell into the burger.”

The customer told TMZ that she was hospitalized a few hours later that day with symptoms of food poisoning. Of course, that suggests that she actually ate some of her blunt-topped burger, which is unfortunate.

Seiber was promptly fired and arrested after her mistake was revealed. She was taken into custody and charged with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

Wendy’s officials have apologized to the customer, and offered to pay the medical bill from her hospitalization. For good measure, they even threw in a $50 Wendy’s gift card. Something tells me the woman won’t be eating at Wendy’s again anytime soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of her friends or family members is re-gifted a $50 Wendy’s gift card for Christmas.

But hey, maybe we shouldn’t be so hard on Seiber. For all we know, she may have thought she was making someone’s day. 

Sources: Daily Mail, TMZ, Atlanta-Journal Constitution