Guns N' Rose's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will go on as planned Saturday despite band leader Axl Rose's refusal to be a part of it.
Responding to Rose's statement Wednesday to the Los Angeles Times that he wants no part of being inducted into the Hall along with his estranged band members, the Hall issued a brief statement of its own Thursday:
We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person.
So the show will go on. The statement said "other members" of the band will be there. Slash said he is planning to attend, and bassist Duff McKagan will be in Cleveland to promote a book.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Usually inductees perform, but the remaining members of Guns N' Roses are not on the performers list that the Hall released on Thursday.
The original Guns N' Roses has not appeared together since 1993. There has been friction between several of the members, especially between Rose and Slash.
"He hates my guts," Slash told Rolling Stone earlier this month. "It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us."
In his statement Rose said in part:
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses".