By now I am sure you've all heard of the Smash Bros clone by Sony named PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. This game will bring together some of Sony’s most iconic characters in one big free-for-all fight to see who is the best, just like in Smash Bros. but enough comparing All-Stars to Smash Bros. The current roster of playable characters for the game is solid, but seems pretty thin compared to other fighters. Like… just kidding. While I am sure there are other characters yet to be announced for the game, I want to take this opportunity to throw out a couple of names for Sony to consider. I will also go over the current known characters and why they fit into the game - or why not.
Current list of playable characters:
- Kratos (God of War) - to the point, Kratos is the god of war, and in a fighting game, he is a perfect fit. Or did no one play Mortal Kombat on the PS3.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper) - Sly has a number of combat moves that he uses in his series of games that could work well in this fighting game.
- Mael Radec (Killzone) - the guy is the Helghast personification of a perfect soldier, the kind of guy you would want in a fight.
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal) - Sweet Tooth is the twisted personification of the vehicular combat series he comes from and it’s time to see him fight hand to hand.
- Fat Princess (Fat Princess) - this bountiful princess has been the reason for a war between the Red and Blue kingdoms, now it’s time to see if she can fight as well.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Parappa (Parappa the Rapper) - to be honest, I am not thrilled at all to see Parappa in the game, I barely liked this character and the game he was in.
List of characters unconfirmed but have been hinted at or have stages in the game:
- Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank) - this former Lomax mechanic has saved the universe a number of times so I am sure a simple fighting game should be no poblem.
- Jak (Jak and Daxter) - this silent warrior has undergone many changes in his adventures so a chance to prove himself in a fighting game seems natural.
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted) - I am sure someone as skilled and adventurous as Nathan Drake can handle himself in a fight, so why not prove it.
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet) - I know this seems a little odd to include him, but his creative nature could make him difficult to handle in this fighter.
List of other Sony characters that would fit the game:
- Nariko (Heavenly Sword) - she handled a destiny weapon of the gods with ease in her severely underrated game so why not feature her and give her another chance to shine.
- Rohn (Lair) - though the game he starred in sucked all kinds of crazy the character himself was an interesting one.
- Joseph Capelli (Resistance) - he is a very capable soldier able to hold his own against impossible odds of Chimeran enemies.
- Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) - if this character could take down numerous Colossi that towered over him I am sure some regular fighters would be no problem.
- Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil) - a hero on a quest for redemption, a fighting competition could provide this classic character some measure of that.
- Tag (ModNations Racers) - while I may not really think he would be a good fit in the game, his creativity begind the wheel could help in a fight.
And just for some fun, lets list a few third-party characters that have appeared in some of the most iconic games to appear on any PlayStation console.
List of non-Sony, third-party characters:
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) - she helped create a huge fan base for Sony back in the day and has proven she can more than handle herself in a fight.
- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) - this veteran soldier has done a lot for Sony and has proven how good he is in a fight when he appeared in Super Smash Bros Brawl (I couldn’t help that one).
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) - this former member of SOLDIER did more for Sony’s past system than just about anyone else and can certainly handle a fight or two (Ehrgeiz anyone?).
- Cole MacGrath (inFAMOUS) - as the hero/villain of his series, I am sure he could put his powers to use in this fighting game especially after showing what he could do Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - this popular RPG character has starred in two well received PlayStation 2 games and one PSP game and is a great warrior.
- Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain) - this character helped find and defeat a sadistic killer while trying to save his son, so a fighting game should prove no problem.
- Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) - starring in two amazing horror/sci-fi RPGs on the PlayStation and another on the PSP, Aya should be able to handle herself in one more fight.
- CJ (GTA: San Andreas) - if he could survive in the streets of Ganton in Los Santos and defeat a number or rival gangs and enemies, this fighter should be a cinch.
- Jin Kazama (Tekken) - as the grandson of one of the most dangerous fighters, and the son of the man with a devil gene, this character is a proven fighter.
- Sofia (Battle Arena Toshinden) - this female Russian detective is a capable fighter and has starred in two successful PlayStation games.
This would round out the number of characters to 26, a good number for a fighting game, and provide the game a good amount of replayablity so gamers are inclined to see the ending of every character. As a treat to many Sony fans and someone who could be explained a manipulating all the characters into the fight, the following character could be used:
Firiona Vie (EverQuest) - this royal high-elf has the power to bring all these characters together and can act as the force that has them fight to save the PlayStaion collective universe. Or for whatever reason they want her there…