Entertainment

Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Poisoning

| by I Need My Fix

Despite being free of drugs for a while, Amy Winehouse 27, died from alcohol poisoning after having five times the legal limit of alcohol in her system. The sad part is that she had been three weeks dry when she went on that binge. The coroner confirmed:

"She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."

Popular Video

Miranda Lambert saw the sign a veteran was holding up at her concert, she immediately broke down in tears:

Popular Video

Miranda Lambert saw the sign a veteran was holding up at her concert, she immediately broke down in tears:

When Amy was found dead on July 23, 2011 police recovered two large bottles of Vodka and one small bottle. 

This must be such devastating news to her family and friends given that she seemed to be on the road to sobriety.

Amy Winehouse's family has issued a statement on the findings:

 "It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy.  We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away, it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days."

The statement continues, "The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time. She had started drinking again that week after a period of abstinence."

"It underlines how important our work with the Amy Winehouse Foundation is to us, to help as many young people and children as we can in her name."

"It means a lot to us and from the overwhelming messages of support we have had since Amy died, we know she meant a great deal to people all over the world.  We want to thank everyone for that and for their continuing enthusiasm for the Foundation."