Do Yoga Philly, Philadelphia’s premier yoga festival, kicks off May 5-8 at Dhyana Yoga in West Philadelphia (40th and Chestnut).
More Info Below:
This exciting event will feature over 30 workshops, ranging from fast-paced vinyasa yoga to slow-flow restorative yoga. The festival will unite Philadelphia-area studios and draw teachers from around the globe.
“The idea of doing a yoga festival in Philadelphia came from many different teachers in the area expressing a desire to unite the community and expose people who haven’t tried yoga to all of the different styles and teachers,” said Dhyana Vitarelli of Dhyana Yoga. “Every major city has a yoga festival; it’s time to put Philly on the map!”
Do Yoga Philly participants can do a variety of activities, including:
- Attend workshops ranging from Jedi Vinyasa, which focuses on arm balances and inversions to Yin Yoga, which focuses on restoring the body.
- Participate in Avatar Yoga in black light with glow-in-the-dark body paint
- Check out exciting workshops, including AcroYoga and Hoop Vinyasa
- Make your own smoothie on the Lululemon Blender Bike
- Receive Reiki healings, astrology information, henna tattoos and massages.
Watch live belly dancing performances
To view the full schedule and purchase tickets, visit www.doyogaphilly.com. Tickets range from $110-150 if purchased before April 21 and $130-175 if purchased after. Prices are based on number of events attended. Special discounts are available to yoga teachers.
Check out these photos from last year’s event…