With the unmistakable promotional jingle from the hit 1960s hit TV show ‘Green Acres‘ and on the heels of its most lucrative documentary ‘Marijuana, Inc.’, CNBC revisits the largely untaxed and unregulated multi-billion dollar industry created by the federal government’s failed 74-year-old Cannabis Prohibition on Wednesday, December 8 at 9 PM (eastern/pacific).
In the wake of a Time Magazine cover piece ‘Amerijuana’ two weeks ago, CNBC, the nation’s number one business channel on television, is taking a second bite at Cannabis Prohibition with ‘Marijuana USA’.
As with ‘Marijuana, Inc.’ (which happens to be the most watched CNBC documentary in the channel’s history), NORML’s staff and legal committee has again provided substantial research information to CNBC. NORML’s deputy director Paul Armentano and I were asked to contribute an essay in favor of cannabis legalization in opposition to someone who actually supports Cannabis Prohibition.
CNBC’s ‘Marijuana and Money’ web page is loaded with interesting commentaries and videos (see below).
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Watch the premiere on Wednesday, record it on your DVDR, or, like Marijuana Inc., get ready to see the documentary re-broadcast frequently in the next six months as CNBC rings the profit register again covering a failed government policy historically known as: Cannabis Prohibition.
The Cannabis Commentary
- Paul: Start With Decriminalization
- Johnson: Tax And Regulate Marijuana
- Giannasio: Addictive, Destructive And Dangerous
- Rovell: Why Pro Sports Teams Worry About Marijuana
- Wells: Why Aren’t California Pot Dealers Happy?
- Koch: Form A Commission, Then Move On
- Smith: 45 Year-Perspective From Haight-Ashbury
- Stamper: Legalization Will Reduce Crime, Free Up Police
- DuPont: Why We Should Not Legalize It
- Hirshon: An Issue That Just Won’t Go Away
- Hutchinson: Legalization Not Worth The Costs
- Miller: Rhode Island’s Drive For Sensible Pot Laws
- Nalepka: My ‘Addiction’ To Fighting Drugs
- Dalton: Using Pot Remains Bad Career Move
- How Big Is The Market?
- Tobacco Vs. Pharmaceuticals
- Small Business Vs. Agribusiness
- California’s Emerald Triangle
- Medical Marijuana Controversy
- The Dealer Next Door: A Look At The Business
- Life Of Pain Drives Medical Marijuana Clinic Owner
- Small Towns, Big Money
- Marijuana Dispensary Owner Finds A Calling
- Not Your Ordinary Drug-Test Lab
- From Herbs And Health Care To Medical Marijuana
The Law and Analysis
- Law Enforcement’s Confused State
- The Cost-and-Benefit Analysis Around Enforcement
- Tax Potential For Government
- Working The Law, Dispensing With Pain
- The Pot Lobby:All Grown Up
- CSI: Boston–A Professor Gets Into Drugs
- States With The Most Liberal Pot Laws
- States With The Toughest Pot Laws
- International Lessons: Prevention Trumps Punishment
- Medical Marijuana: Trial And Error