Charlie Sheen may have just lost a “goddess”, but has reportedly gained a new sitcom deal with Lionsgate. Maybe Sheen is “winning” after all!
Charlie Sheen has reportedly signed a deal for his television comeback.
The troubled actor was fired from the sitcom “Two and a Half Men” earlier this year after his very public feud with the show’s creator, Chuck Lorre.
But Sheen, 45, is going to sign a deal for a new show specifically created for him.
A source told the New York Daily News, “It’s a show created with him and for him.
“The deal should get signed by tomorrow, but with lawyers you never know. No later than Friday.”
Charlie’s new show will air on a cable network that already has networks bidding for the show.
“Charlie has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star in a new sitcom,” a source said. “Charlie’s character will be very similar to the one he played on Two And A Half Men, however the show will be a lot racier.”
Lionsgate will produce 10 episodes, with an option for 90 more depending on show’s performance. Sources say Sheen could earn more than the $2 million per-episode he received for his stint on his former show.
Sources also revealed today that Chuck Lorre will be killing off Sheen’s character on “Two and a Half Men”, Charlie Harper, where he drives off of a cliff.
The new “Two and a Half Men” show will premiere in September, with Ashton Kutcher joining the show.