Headlines

Boy Learns CPR on TV, Saves Sister's Life

| by Mark Berman Opposing Views

To those people who say children watch too much television, here's a story that proves that watching TV can be a good thing. A boy was able to save his sister's life by using CPR -- a technique he learned from watching television.

According to a report from KNXV-TV in Phoenix, a two-year-old girl fell into her grandmother's swimming pool in Mesa Sunday morning. The girl's mother found her floating in the pool and pulled her out. She was unconscious.

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

Her nine-year-old brother jumped in to action -- he started performing CPR on her.

"I just went running outside and I did CPR on her. I knew what I was doing," Tristin Saghin told the station.

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

After a couple of tense minutes, the girl started breathing. She is expected to recover fully.

"I couldn't imagine what was going through his mind,” said Mesa Fire Department spokesman Capt. Forrest Smith. “Here he is, in a situation where most of us, if we had a family member in that position, as parents we tend to really panic and be concerned. I tell you, we really give kudos out to him."

Tristan said he would do anything for his little sister Brooke. "She's really beautiful and I love her very much," Tristin said.

City officials are considering giving Tristin, who lives in Las Vegas and was visiting his grandmother in Arizona, an award for his life-saving actions.