Bobby Voelker never got a chance to compete in Strikeforce, but he will grace the Octagon this year. Voelker is set to collide with Patrick Cote this March at UFC 158: St-Pierre Vs. Diaz.
Voelker (24-8) went 4-1 during his Strikeforce Challengers series career, a sort of minor league promotion to Strikeforce. However, with the MMA league folding after a January 12 card, the UFC has started to sign talent from the company.
"It's a great relief to know that I'm being brought over and now it's time to get pumped up, get ready and get it on," said Voelker, during a recent interview with Full Contact Fighter. "I'm fighting a name and that's exactly what I wanted."
Cote is a former UFC middleweight contender who announced that he would be moving to welterweight recently. "The Predator" returned to the UFC in 2012 and went 1-1, defeating Alessio Sakara via DQ and falling to Cung Le.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I think he's the perfect guy to match me up with," Voelker said. "We both love to slug it out, we're both tough as nails, and I think we're both going to come in and that's the way the fight is going to go. I can see 'Fight of the Night' right there between us two."
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.