Everyone can use a little pick-me-up now again, and Los Angeles based Yoga teacher, Ashley Turner, has some great tips for doing just that!
This article via Ashley’s website:
Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Day
Feeling good every day is my #1 priority. Below are my top 10 ways to improve my day, mood + attitude!
1. Meditate 15-30 min./day. Plug into Source.
2. Set your intention for the day. What quality do you want to show up with today? (ex. grace, courage, joy, self-acceptance…)
3. EXERCISE! Run, walk, yoga, weights, pilates…Get your motor running (minimum 30 minutes). Power up your endorphins. Train your body to recognize + imprint feeling good.
4. Gratitude. First thing in the morning: Pray in gratitude for all your gifts. Last thing at night: review your day and all the good things that happened. Build your gratitude muscle and train your mind to focus on the good. (Are you alive? Do you have clean water? Do you live in a peaceful land?)
5. Listen to uplifting/inspirational speakers on your ipod, while you’re working out, driving, on the subway, etc. (ex. Abraham Hicks, Ram Dass, Dr. Michael Beckwith, Marianne Williamson, Wayne Dyer) Be careful what you’re filling your head with. Choose nutritious brain food.
6. Drink a green vegetable juice.
7. Sit quietly in the sun for a few minutes. Remember who you are.
8. Journal about your dreams, desires, the life you are creating.
9. Play great, uplifting music, sing along!, dance (the proven, fastest way to change your mood, open the heart + free the mind, a.k.a. ‘Bhakti Yoga’).
10. Reach out to a loved one or friend just to say ‘Hello’ or catch up.