Although the 2011 NBA Draft wasn’t heralded as being particularly deep, difference-makers did drop down past the first ten picks. The Golden State Warriors, who held on to their No. 11 pick and never seriously contemplated moving it, got their man in Klay Thompson out of Washington State. Then, the Utah Jazz -- who were reportedly hoping that Brandon Knight would fall to this spot so that they could fill the Deron Williams-sized gaping hole at point guard that they now have – went for Alec Burks out of Colorado.
Markieff and Marcus Morris out of Kansas went at No. 13 to the Phoenix Suns and No. 14 to the Houston Rockets, respectively. Finally, Kawhi Leonard out of San Diego State rounded out the top 15 picks, drafted by the Indiana Pacers.
Here is how picks 11-20 ended up looking:
11. Golden State Warriors – Klay Thompson, SG
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
12. Utah Jazz – Alec Burks, SG
13. Phoenix Suns – Markieff Morris, PF
14. Houston Rockets – Marcus Morris, PF
15. Indiana Pacers – Kawhi Leonard
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
16. Philadelphia 76ers – Nikola Vucevic
17. New York Knicks – Iman Shumpert
18. Washington Wizards – Chris Singleton
19. Milwaukee Bucks – Tobias Harris
20. Minnesota Timberwolves – Donatas Motiejunas